Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inquiry 3: 5th Resource

Carmen Socaciu, et al. "Complex Technological System Of Crushing -- Fine Grinding -- Pneumatic Sizing For Industrial Minerals With Low And Medium Hardness For The Manufacturing Of Cosmetic Products And Food -- Supplements." Revista Minelor / Mining Revue 17.1 (2011): 34-36. Academic Search Complete. Web. 18 July 2012.


This academic journal is about a project conducted to design and implement a system of crushing, grinding, pneumatic sizing for industrial minerals used to make cosmetics. This system included, "interphase transport, crushing and grinding of raw  ore, drying in a temperature and timecontrolled environment, crushing / fine  grinding and pneumatic  sizing, physical and  chemical analysis and quality control,  packaging, calibration and labeling, temporary  storage of finite products before delivery to the  beneficiary" (Carmen Socaciu, et al). While working on this project the people conducting this project discovered four different types of fine grinded clay. These clay's had well defined granulometric structures and manufacturers use these clay's for cosmetics and food. After hat the journal reiterates the modules for the system and talks about the operations of the equipment. The location of the equipment is mentioned, but it isn't a general idea of where all these types of system go, but rather for a specific one. For my specific writing purposes I do not need this information because I want to write about the process of creating cosmetics. I think I will look to the sources used for this in hopes to find more information on the process. Other than all that, this journal bullet points conclustion of the information and project at the very end. Those bullet points are, [1] "the number of the modules and their activation sequence depends on the processed mineral materials, and on the finale products quality," [2] fine grinded industrial minerals can be obtained with minimal technology changes, and [3] these clays can be used as ingredients and additives in cosmetics.


This is not the best resource that I have found so far, but it is helping me get on the right track. I have a general idea of how some ingredients used for cosmetics are manufactured for the making of cosmetics. I can simply use this as an example because I do not think there will ever be just one way to produce cosmetics. Let alone cosmetics is a broad term, there are tons of different cosmetics and therefore different ways of manufacturing them. For this section of my essay I realize that I will have to give examples and then discuss it's relation to my topic. I have found that my main reason for discussing a process of creating cosmetics is because I want to talk about the fact that this process is not restricted in any way because of the FDA. Anyway, this journal gives me a little bit of an example to go off of for the mean time on how some ingredients are made ready for the creation of cosmetics.


No comments:

Post a Comment